Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thick Gooey Chocolate Sauce

Here is a recipe for a quick, easy chocolate sauce. It's really good on vanilla rice cream! Next time I make it, I will add 1 tsp. of vanilla. Store in the refrigerator in a microwavable container. It's very thick and you may want to heat it a bit so it will scoop out a bit easier. Three Stars.

(Note: This sauce did not grow on me as I ate it. The consistency is too thick and it makes me feel like I'm eating agave syrup flavored with chocolate. Too much sugar. I've scouted around and found another recipe that's much more to my liking, thinner, not so sweet and pours easily. See post for "Hershey's Chocolate Sauce" Sept. 18, 2010.)

Ingredients
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup agave syrup
1 Tb walnut oil

Directions
Combine ingredients into a small blender (I used the mini chopper attachment that came with my immersion blender) and blend until mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment