Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule


by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
This cute, compact cookbook is loaded with beautiful photos and every recipe I have made has been wonderful. There is information for the inexperienced baker and tons of inspiration for an old dog like myself. At this point I've pretty much stuck to the basic recipes: Your Basic Chocolate Cupcakes, Golden Vanilla Cupcakes, Lemony Vanilla Cupcakes, and Sexy Low Fat Vanilla Cupcakes. A bit off the beaten path were the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes, and Chocolate Stout Cupcakes, both delicious. I still have many more cupcakes to make but wanted to post this review. My only "complaint" is the yield of 12 cupcakes. I share these delicious vegan treats at work, so there are never any left over, and may I add, never any complaints. One other thing - I am a graphic designer by trade so I am sensitive to how a book is designed. They did a great job - well laid out, easy to read, no weird fonts and colors that are hard to read, liberal use of color photos throughout. This is a beautiful, very functional cookbook. I can't recommend it highly enough. Five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment