Saturday, August 7, 2010

Zesty Cheeze Sauce

I wanted a tostada real bad last night and I didn't have much in the way of toppings. No tomato, no avocado, no "cheeze." So I perused my copy of The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook for a topping. I modifed the recipe for Hot or Cold Tangy Chedda Sauce. The resulting sauce was quite nummy on my tostada and would be wonderful on nachos or baked potatoes. I will definitely make this again but will modify it just a bit by soaking the cashews before I puree everything. Three 1/2 stars and I do recommend the book. It's quite unique.

Cheeze Sauce
Ingredients
1/4 cup raw cashews
1 cup soy milk
1 cup roasted red peppers
1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 cup sesame tahini
3 TB lemon juice, fresh if you got it
1/4 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp ground allspice

Directions
Grind cashews finely (I used my coffee grinder) and place in blender or food processor with rest of ingredients. Process or blend until creamy. Warm over medium heat until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment