Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tuna (Not!) Salad Sandwich

This is an amazing fake tuna sandwich. I give it 3-1/2 stars which means I like it a lot but I think next time I'll cook my own beans and it will be even better.

Ingredients:
15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 whole celery stalks, finely minced
2 tbsp sweet relish
1 scallion, diced
-----
4 TB vegan mayo
2 tsp nutritional yeast
1 TB low Shoyu
½ tsp kelp powder*
freshly cracked pepper to taste

Directions:
Pulse beans in a food processor a few times - careful not to puree. Transfer to bowl, adding celery, relish, and scallion. In small bowl, mix together mayo, yeast, soy sauce, kelp and pepper. Add to bean mixture and stir.

Make sandwich with garnishes: tomato, avocado, sprouts, etc.

*Kelp powder is usually among the spices in your local health food store.

No comments:

Post a Comment