Sunday, December 4, 2011

Single Serving Brownie – Again


This is a riff on the Single Serving Brownie from the Happy Herbivore website. I really love a recipe that is scaled down to small serving especially a brownie. That way you can't eat the whole pan! This is supposed to be ONE brownie but I have these little silicone baking cups that make cute mini brownies. The original recipe is quite good but it has an awful lot of sugar in it (agave, brown sugar, apple sauce) and I was aware of the whole wheat flour while I ate it. So I've changed up the sugars and switched the whole wheat pastry flour to a mix of garbanzo bean and oat flour. My next batch I'm going to try spelt and oat flour. If you use garbanzo flour don't eat the batter, it's a little bitter.

Ingredients
1 TB oat flour
1 TB garbanzo flour
2 tsp light brown sugar
1 TB cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
-----
1 TB chocolate chips
-----
1 TB maple syrup
1 TB applesauce
2 TB non-dairy milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir the first 5 dry ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until well mixed. Add the chocolate chips and the rest of the ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Pour into 3 small silicone baking cups or a single muffin pan. Bake 20-25 minutes until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment