Sunday, November 28, 2010

Breakfast Scramble Wrap

Sometimes you need to keep "fast food" on hand. If at all possible, I'd rather make it myself. In the past I've had Amy's Breakfast Scramble Wrap "made with organic tofu, vegetables and cheese." The list of ingredients included Smart Bacon which is something I normally don't cook with but in this case I did. It added a nice low-key smokiness. Amy's Wrap was super easy to veganize and I made extras to freeze. I was quite pleased with the results. Makes four wraps depending on how much filling you use and how large your tortilla is.

Ingredients
14 oz. tub of firm tofu, drained, pressed and crumbled
1 Tb olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 scallion, chopped
1 cup raw spinach, chopped
-----
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp turmeric
mix up spices and set aside
-----
1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
3 slices Smart Bacon, minced
1-2 TB nutritional yeast (depends on how much you love or hate nooch)
1 cup grated cheeze – optional (your favorite vegan style)
-----
4 whole wheat tortillas (I used sprouted grain, mmmmmmm)

Directions
Heat olive oil and saute garlic and onion. Cook until garlic starts to brown and add spinach. Cook until spinach begins to wilt. Add spices and cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and Smart Bacon and cook for about a minute. Add tofu and nutritional yeast. Cook for 1-2 minutes until hot and take off heat. Add cheese and stir to mix.

Put 1/2 cup of mixture into lower center of heated tortilla and fold once, fold in sides and roll up.

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is years old BUT this is the closest clone yet to that Amy's wrap. It is DELISH. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete