Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pear Sauce for Pancakes or whatever!

I like to have pancakes for breakfast a couple times a month. In an effort to avoid processed foods, I usually just top my pancakes with pure maple syrup. Quite frankly, the sugar rush just doesn't agree with me so I thought I'd try something less sweet like a fruit topping. This pear sauce is not too sweet and the consistency is similar to applesauce but not so thick. Maple syrup is used to sweeten the sauce. I was pleased with the results.

Ingredients
2 fresh pears
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1-2 TB maple syrup, to taste

Directions
Peel pear and cut fruit away from stem and core and put in small saucepan with lemon, apple juice, and cinnamon. Mash up and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1 TB of the maple syrup. Take off heat and blend with immersion blender. Taste. If not sweet enough add another tablespoon of maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment