Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf

Mmmmm. Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf with chocolate chips!

As mentioned in a previous post I've gone pumpkin-crazy and here's another recipe celebrating pumpkin goodness. I've been "reading" the cookbook Forks Over Knives by Del Sroufe. It includes desserts by Isa Chandra Moskowitz of Post Punk Kitchen. The recipe is on Isa's website and the only difference between her recipe and the one published in Forks Over Knives is the website recipe includes 2 tablespoons oil. I did not use any oil in this recipe and it was great!

I kept to the recipe and used my homemade pumpkin puree. I did not change out any flours or sugars this time around. Next time I'll make it with whole wheat pastry flour or a blend.

This loaf is delicious, moist, and not too sweet. I'm just going to give you the link to Isa's recipe and keep in mind that you can skip the oil. She has a lot of good commentary about making the recipe.


This Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf tastes as good as it looks.

Getting ready to dig in to a piece of Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf!


No comments:

Post a Comment