Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies


First off, I have to say that until this past week, I have NEVER bought pre-mixed cookie dough. Too much sugar, too many additives, dairy, eggs, etc. However – I was shopping at Fred Meyers and I saw this Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk cookie dough in the health food section cooler and had to try it. I want to encourage and support their efforts to buy anything vegan. Gluten was the only kind they had so I bought it. Wow! Was I in for a treat. These cookies are so delicious! Chewy! Not too sweet! And the great part is you can bake the whole package or just a few. It was a bit pricey at about $6.79 but I'd buy this stuff again. I do know that I am going to explore making my own gluten-free cookies. I really loved the texture.

Here is the website if you want to check out the other flavors:
http://www.eatpastry.com/html/products

For you curious folks out there, here is the list of ingredients: Garbanzo Bean Flour, Brown Rice Flour, *Gluten free Vegan Semi-sweet Chocolate (sugar, chocolate, soy lecithin, vanilla), Expeller-pressed natural oil blend (soybean, palm fruit, canola and olive), filtered water, pure salt, natural flavor (derived from corn, no MSG, no alcohol, no gluten), soy protein, soy lecithin, lactic acid (non-dairy, derived from sugar beets), and beta-carotene color (from natural source), *Brown Sugar, *Apple Sauce, *Evaporated Cane Juice, Pure Vanilla Extract (vanilla extractives in water), Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum, Sea Salt.

*Certified Organic Ingredients, Fair Trade Certified™ This Product Contains Soy. This product is made in a facility that uses peanuts.

1 comment: