Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Muffin with Minimalist Chocolate Frosting

Healthy, low fat muffin with just a thin layer of chocolate frosting!

I do love my sweets and am always looking for healthier ways to bake my treats. I recently received an email from Chocolate Covered Katie with a recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. The recipe originated from her friend with The Happy Herbivore blog. The recipe lists an optional 1/2 cup of sugar which I did not use. The muffin was moist and subtly sweet. I wanted just a bit more sweetness so I made some frosting. This is a very small amount of frosting, none will be left over, and you may have trouble getting it to frost all of your muffins! I had 10 muffins to frost (but I did bake 11!). Here is the link for the muffin recipe on Katie's blog:


http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/03/theres-a-zucchini-in-my-cupcake/

And here is the recipe for Minimalist Chocolate Frosting.

Ingredients
6 TB powdered sugar
1 TB cocoa
-----
1 tsp Earth Balance margarine, softened
1 tsp chocolate extract (or vanilla extract)
-----
soy milk

Directions
Mix powdered sugar and cocoa together until all lumps are gone and it's well blended. Add margarine, extract and about 1-2 tsp soy milk. Mix. Add a few drops of soy milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. Lightly frost each muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment