Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chocolate Ice Creme made with MimicCreme

I was in the health food store looking for amazake (another story) and I came across this dairy-free liquid called MimicCreme made from almonds and cashews. I had never seen it before and thought it might be a good candidate for ice cream. I don't know too much about the company but if you're interested here is their website: www.mimiccreme.com. What interested me was the pedigree of the MimicCreme:  dairy-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, vegan, cholesterol-free, non-GMO, kosher, no trans fats, and no saturated fats. I bought the unsweetened, although they did have sweetened, sugar-free and coffee creamer. I made a small batch of ice cream that I could fit into my little Hamilton Beach ice cream maker. You could easily double this recipe. As usual, the ice cream was pretty damn hard after it had frozen in the freezer. You will need to let it sit out on the counter for 10-15 minutes to let it soften up a bit.

Chocolate Ice Cream with MimicCreme 12 oz.
Ingredients
3 TB cocoa
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup unsweetened MimicCreme
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
I blended the ingredients in a Tribest Personal Blender because it's small. Combine cocoa, maple syrup, and half of the MimicCreme and blend. Add the rest of the MimicCreme and the vanilla extract and blend well. Pour into small container and chill for several hours; overnight is best. Be sure your ice cream maker bowl is chilling in the freezer 24 hours before you plan on using it. Process using your ice cream maker instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment