Thursday, November 22, 2012

Single Serving Vegan Brownie with Secret Ingredient

Unbelievable! Non-dairy, egg free and so delicious!

I've been making the single serving brownie recipe from the Happy Herbivore for a couple of years now. It's okay but I find it a bit too sweet and I'm not totally enamored with the whole wheat pastry flavor. But it's a great recipe to have around for when you have a "brownie emergency." I've been fiddling around with the recipe, changing and reducing sugars and trying out different flours. I found that replacing the applesauce with pumpkin puree makes a less sweet brownie that is wonderfully moist. I also switched out the whole wheat pastry flour with spelt flour. This let the chocolate flavor shine through. This is a moist, chocolately treat that just takes minutes to throw together. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, check out the melted chocolate chips!
Ingredients
2 TB spelt flour
1 TB cocoa powder
1/8 tsp baking powder
-----
1 TB blond coconut sugar
1 TB pumpkin puree
1 TB maple syrup
1 TB soy milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
-----
1 TB vegan chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a small ramekin. Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. In another small bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until no lumps remain. Add the chocolate chips and mix again. Scrape into ramekin and bake for 20 minutes. Cool on rack.

One Year Ago...
I made delicious Cheesy Quinoa Garbanzo Cups. It was so yummy it's going to be the main dish at my Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment